Originally Answered: Iphone 5 or samsung galaxy s4?
I believe that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is better because
1. It is quicker (1.9 quad core processor/ 1.6ghz Octa core vs 1.3 dual core processor)
2. Microsd- you can expand the memory with a 64gb microsd. This a cheaper way to expand your memory and you can have a 16 gb S4 and still have more storage than iphone 5 if you get a 64gb microsd.
3. USB OTG- you can read usb keys no problem with an adapter so you can check out whats on them so you don't have to put your computer on.
4. Microusb charger- Better than the lighting connector as you can get them easi.ly and cheaply but also you might have it from other devices as it is becoming standard for smartphones to use microusb chargers.
5. Removable battery- This means you can replace the battery if you run out of charge when you are around unlike the iphone 5 which you have to charge or bring an external charger and charge it from there, however this is an awkward way of charging your phone. Also the removable battery can help you prevent water damage as you can remove the battery if it falls in water, thus reducing the chances of water damage.
6. NFC- Want to transfer a music album quicker than bluetooth, well now you can with NFC. You can also use Tectiles to make your life easier(check out this site to learn more about them http://www.samsung.com/us/microsite/tect... )
7. Customizable- Change launcher(Are you bored, get a new launcher that suits you and your personality), custom ROM your phone and have access to apps specifically made for rooted devices directly on the play store. You control the device so that it suits you.
8. Dropbox- Love cloud storage well Samsung is offering 50gb free of charge to S3 owners for 2 years on Dropbox. Backup music, video, photos(this can be done automatically), documents etc. Who doesn’t want this amount of free cloud storage?(You have to complete a certain amount of steps to get the free storage but none requires any credit card details or anything to complicated) (N.B Not everyone will be offered this bonus as carriers have been known to have stopped Samsung from offering this to customers)
9. Screen- It’s bigger but not too big. It has 441ppi vs iPhone5’s 326ppi plus the Amoled screen creates beautiful colors.
I also found no problems when using one hand, and I have medium hands if not small hands.
10. LED indicator- A small LED on the top of your device shows what notifications you got by distinguishing them with colours(For example blue for email, green for charged) This means you can see what the notification was about without putting your screen on. It is extremely useful feature for those than hate wasting time.
11. Android features-Widgets, live wallpapers, Google Now and all the beauty of android, widgets on the lockscreen etc 12. Samsung added features
a. Smartstay- won't turn the screen off if you are still looking at it.
b. Smartpause- pauses a video when you turn around and turns it back on when you turn back
c. Eye controlled webpage scrolling
d. Airview- check link to learn more http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-G...
e. Infrared TV remote
f. External temperature and humidity sensors
g. Use the phone while using gloves
h. S Health- useful for health enthusiasts
i. S Translator- it’s all in the name a translator
j. Etc- I could go on but check the link to see even more features http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsung-G...
13. Camera- It has a 13mp camera vs iPhone 5’s 8mp. It has more features than than the iPhone’s camera which makes it even better.
a. Dual shot- take photos from both cameras so that you can include the photographer in a photo
b. Photo with audio message- record a message before or after a photo to add to a photo
c. Eraser shot- can remove unwanted moving content
d. More but those are the best
14. Multitasking- watch videos while online, write an email while watching a video, send a message while surfing the web, you can split the screen in two so you can multitask without a bother, this cannot be done on the iPhone 5.
15. Durability- The S4 does not suffer from scratches like the iphone 5 where the back of the phone is aluminium and scratches really easy, the S4 does not suffer this fate.
Hope this helped
Enjoy your new phone(no matter which one it is)