Topic: History Questions? 10 points?
June 26, 2019 / By Annabel Question:
1.) Michelangelo was...
(a) the first to sale around africa to the middle east
(b) a great 13th century musician
(c) very talented actor in shakespeare's time
(d) a famous Renaissance artist
2.) Who was William Shakespeare?
(a) The first English actor
(b) A Famous English author
(c) The greatest politician in England in his time
(d) A man who was thought to be a lunatic by many
3.) Why was da Vinci a Renaissance man?
(a) He was very skilled with a bow and arrow
(b) He was very well known
(c) He excelled in many fields
(d) He was a good artist
4.) Name one of da Vinci’s accomplishments.
(a) Great paintings such as the Mona Lisa
(b) Great buildings such as the Eifel Tower
(c) Was the first to translate the Bible
(d) Writing the great play entitles "Romeo and Juliet"
5.) What was Luther’s main contribution to the reformation?
(a) He declared war on the pope
(b) He started riots against the Catholic Church
(c) Ninety five theses attacking the sale of indulgences
(d) He built many churches that opposed the Catholic Church
6.) What was the reformation?
(a) Building houses in different shapes.
(b) Religious reform movement in the sixteenth century
(c) Building of a new army in England
(d) The castles were to be built much taller in new English kingdoms
7.) What was one cause of the reformation?
(a) Corruption of the catholic church, selling of indulgences
(b) Collapsed buildings and poor foundations
(c) Priests were not getting their message accross clearly enough
(d) Other kingdoms were building their castles much taller to show their dominance
8.) Who was Marco Polo?
(a) A great swimmer
(b) Early explorer who discovered Japan and wrote a book about his travels
(c) Early explorer who traveled to China and wrote a book describing Zipangu
(d) Inventor of the well known water game "Marco Polo"
9.) What was the goal of the early explorers?
(a) To find land to claim as their own
(b) To find a safe route to Asia (China, Japan, and India)
(c) To discover new countries
(d) To find safe routes to unknown lands to hide treasures from others.
10.) What country was the most successful in early explorations?
I'm pretty sure I know the answers to some of them...but I just want to double check themm. 10 points for 10 problems :)
Winfred | 4 days ago
Do the schools no longer issue history books? The answers really ought to be in there.
1. D--ever heard of the Sistine Chapel, or the sculptures "David" and "Pieta"?
2. B--I'd suggest "Romeo and Juliet," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," or anny of his sonnets
3. C--art, architecture, prototypes for parachutes and tanks, just to name a few
4. A--this painting is a fine example of an early use of perspective
5. C--this was the accepted way of challenging others to a debate; Luther didn't start out intending to break from the Catholic faith--he was a monk, after all
6. B--this led to the end of the Catholic monoopoly, if you will, on religion in western Europe
7. A--this was the complaint not only of Luther, but of earlier reformers such as Wycliffe and Huss
8. C--a Venetian by birth, most at first thought his account to be fiction, as it seemed too fantastic
9. B--they were looking for water routes that wouldn't take them around the Cape of Storms, better known as the Cape of Good Hope (an early example of 'spin'--if you got past it, you stood a better chance of reaching India)
10. D--it was Bartholomieu Dias who reached the Cape of Good Hope, and Vasco da Gama, his countryman, who actually got to India by water, and it was a Portuguese prince known as Henry the Navigator who established a school for sailors
Originally Answered: Three questions about History?
1. People now think that slavery is cruel. It is also illegal in most (if not all) countries.
2. Well, at least some Europeans have known that the Earth was round since the 300 BC's. Therefore, all discoveries and inventions since then are (theoretically) applicable. The discovery of the new world is a major discovery.
3. Life was shorter, since ancient medicine was quite primitive. Many of the convenences we take for granted today didn't exist. Transportation was slower. Complete plumbing was not widespread. The list goes on and on.
Originally Answered: Three questions about History?
slavery is for lazy bastartds that can't make themselves a nice cup of tea :) is how they felt.
We discovered the world wasn't flat when america was discovered on both sides so it so it couildnt possibly be flat.
Life in ancient times like it is today is fairly obvious. wars.
Short version : Matin Luther came on the scene and totally disagreed with the church so they had nothing for him . Martin Luther sat dow and wrote out the beginning of the Lutheran Doctrines and took and knife and put it on the church door demanding that their religion be recognized . From that point on through the years more and more people like the freedoms of the Lutheran church and began to convert , thus they had to be reckoned with . Very very short version.
Looks to me that you are asking people to do your home work assignment. If you can;t pass on this easy list of questions then you deserve ti fail school.