Topic: math problems and short way to solve?
June 20, 2019 / By Bonduca Question:
alright I have a few questions in math (algebra) that I know the answer to, but I'm wondering if I give them to you can you solve them step by step so i know how you got the answer? please and thank you! points to anyway who answers! P.S no I'm not cheating on a test or homework or anything, thanks!
combine the following terms -
1. 3a + 2a - a
2. 2b +3c - b - b + c
3. 3x +2y +5x - y
then there's -
4. Fine the value of 4ab if a = 5 and b = 2
5. Find the value of xy/z (I can't make the fraction sign it's xy over z) if x = 3, y = 4, and z = 2
6. Find the value of 3ab - bc is a = 4, b = 3, and c = 2
and finally these last three questions -
Write an equation for the following problems and solve -
7. One number is three times another number and their sum is 32, find the numbers
8. Twice a number less 1/3 (fraction sign again) of the number equals 15. find the number
9. Divide 98 into three parts such that the second part is twice the first, and the third part is twice the second.
Now I have the answers for all these questions I'm just a little confused on the method to use that's easy, just please write out how you got the answer for each question, please answer points to people who answer! much appreciated!
Alanna | 3 days ago
1. They all have "a" so they can just be added or subtracted together. Ans: 3a + 2a - 1a = 4a
2. Add b's together and c's together. Ans: (2b - 1b - 1b) + (3c +1c) = 4c
3. Add x's together and y's together. Ans: (3x + 5x) + (2y - 1y) = 8x + y
4. Plug the numbers in place of the letters and multiply. Ans: 4 x 5 x 2 = 40
5. Plug the numbers in place of the letters. Ans: 3 x 4/2 = 6
6. Plug the numbers in place of the letters. Ans: (3 x 4 x 3) - (3 x 2) = 30
7. 3x + x = 32 Ans: 4x = 32. solve for x: 32/4 = 8
8. 2x - 1/3x = 15 Ans: Find a common denominator - 3. Therefore 6/3x - 1/3x = 15. solve for x:
5/3x = 15. x = 9
9. x + 2x + 4x = 98 Ans: 7x = 98 Solve for x. x = 14
I won't give you the answers, it's too much to type, I just teach you how to do them. first you need to find the same variables, like for number two, you have b and c, find them, then you need to add/subtract same variables. if both have + add them if both have - then add them and put - sign in front, but if you have 2b-b, here they have different signs, so just subtract them, then look at the greater number and if its + put it for you final result, if - put that. you can add/subtract the same variables. there is no way you can add b and c together. for number 4, 4ab mean 4 times a times b, so put the values for a and b , then do the multiplication, for 5 its the same thing. for number 6, do the things i told you for number 4, but the difference is, it's (3*a*b)-(b*c), do inside the parenthesis first, then subtract the results for both parenthesis from each other. number 7, just write it as you read it, one number( 3*n) is three times another number (n) and sum is 32 (=32), which is 3n+n=32. number 8 is the same just read it, (2*n)-((1/3)n)=15, do parenthesis first, then subtract them.
and 9 is pretty much the same thing.
enable Luis' age be x years. consequently Arwin's age is x + 7 years. next twelve months, Luis' age would be x + a million years, and Arwin's age would be x + 7 + a million = x + 8 years. in accordance to given situations, x + 8 = 2(x + a million) + a million x + 8 = 2x + 2 + a million x + 8 = 2x + 3 -x = -5 x = 5 (Luis' age) Arwin's age = x + 7 = 5 + 7 = 12 years